The Art of Teaching Module Two: Teaching the Raw Beginner
The purpose of this training is to assist teachers of all levels of experience in discovering effective strategies for helping new students access the power and beauty of yoga. This program will explore fundamental teaching skills that, can be applied to any class, regardless of level.
- To clarify the needs of a beginning yoga student
- To clarify your individual beginning yoga teaching philosophy
- To develop a set of skills that can be applied to teaching any beginning student in any situation including but not limited to: verbal articulation, sequencing, modifications, observation, demonstration and verbal adjustments.
As a result of participating in this training participants will be able to:
- Have a six-session outline of a Beginning Yoga Course template
- Create a beginning yoga course that is appropriate to your unique teaching circumstance.
- Introduce an Invocation or opening chant to brand new students effectively and inspiringly
- Understand the difference between teaching and leading class
- Modify common postures into component parts to make them accessible to students with physical or experiential limitations
- Feel more confident as a beginning yoga teacher
- The 6-session Beginning Yoga Series that Christina Sell teaches online will provide a structure and outline for the course. Using this course as a template, we will discuss the program and explore ways these classes can be adapted, changed and modified according to the unique teaching circumstances of the participants.
- 8 recorded training sessions with Christina Sell.
- Each session is recorded and there are no live calls.
- The lectures are a mixture of education, inspiration, explanation and demonstration.
- Online website dedicated to the course for organized learning and structured support.
- Online Q&A forum to clarify and refine the concepts presented in the course and to facilitate a community-based dialogue.
- You should have experience teaching or be a graduate of a 200-hour TT course. This training is not an introductory TT and can not replace that foundational work. Teachers of all levels can expect to find meaningful insight and practical tools to clarify and improve their teaching.
Beginning Series Video Class
Moving with the Breath
Stretch Your Thighs!
Supoine Leg Stretching
Take a Wide Stance
Introductory Back Bends
Introduction to Forward Bends
Teacher Training Topic
Understanding the Variables in Teaching Beginning Yoga
Clarify Your Aim
Introduction to Plain Language
Examples of Plain Language
Introduction to Verbal Cues
Knowing the What, Why & How when Giving Cues
Active Command Language
Identifying Default Language Patterns
Teaching Methods Overview
Teaching Methods Flow Chart
Introductory Teaching Method
Shape, Safety & Shri
Intro to Observation Skills
Introduction to Curriculum Design